:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 - Easter Cuppies

I was asked by the head of our department to make some Easter cupcakes. She wasn't too specific - this is good and bad! I like the freedom this brings but also creates a great anxiety. I never know if people have an idea in their head and if they are going to be disappointed in the idea that comes from my head! She loved them though - hurray! I bought myself a new toy for these - a gorgeous scallop cookie cutter! I cannot wait to use it again!



I don't think I have mentioned that I make my own fondant now! I finally found and perfected a recipe, it tastes so good. And it is so easy to work with. So I molded all the little chicks and flowers from my fondant ant let them dry overnight. Then I added the little details in frosting and placed them atop the vanilla cupcakes. They were so pretty! I almost hated giving them away wishing they would be adorning our simple Easter feast!




1 comment:

Hey Melissa Mae said...

Wow those are so beautiful!