:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 - YO HO! YO HO!

Get ready for photo overload! I took more step-by-step pictures for this cake. I am glad I did!

Cake requested for child with a love for pirates! I thought a mini pirate map would be so, so neat! What 5 year old wouldn't - who really can resist a miniature?

Bits and pieces of the cake, matching them up to the islands





Sweet Knees working in the treasure island



Treasure island complete - don't you love those golden coins!



Giant octopus rising from the waters....oooooo scaaaaaary!



Pirate Ship complete



Cannon Island complete



(oops sorry about the double - too lazy to change it!)



Treasure Island complete



Feeding Frenzy complete



Volcano complete



Giant Octopus is home!



Here are a few pictures of the completed cake

I LOVE THIS CAKE SO MUCH!





:: delighted to be linkin up with house of hepworths ::

No comments: