:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trick . or . Treat - I will take the treat puh-lease!


Halloween is my favorite holiday and Fall my favorite season. I miss the weather, the smells, and the atmosphere of a Utah Fall. But that is not about cakes so I shall digress no more with that subject! For the student workers we put together a nice treat bar for Halloween! Mrs. B went all out with snack bags, popcorn hands, and mummy white chocolate covered pretzels. Here is my little contribution: Brain Cupcakes. I completed them with a name tag stuck into the cupcakes with a toothpick thanks Sweet Knees and CutNCurls for cutting them all out!

 I loved the results, so cute!!






I recently happened upon a recipe on Martha Stewart’s site for a chocolate cake with a 100 grand bar filling. Totally homemade and totally a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!  I could not stop eating the filling. I knew I wanted to make this for the people I work with. But with Halloween I knew that I also needed to make me a MONSTER CAKE. Isn’t he cute! Yes I know the eyes are a little off center, but stillcome on, how cute is he?  He tasted good too!  

YUM! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I want me a brain cupcake! And that monster cake is adorable! I want to gobble him right up. You are so talented.