:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

gonna catch 'em all!


Do you remember the pirate map cake? (one of my favorites!) The brother requested a pokemon cake! AWESOME! And of course when one hears pokemon one immediately thinks of cute little Pikachu. He had to be the star of this cake. My pokeball sagged a little bit, which made my heart sink a little. I thought making it out of what was basically a gigantic cakepop would be good. I thought it would hold up better than it did. Lesson learned.  I made several lightning bolts to go around the cake it is not supposed to be so bare! But I was worried that in transporting the cake, the bolts would fall or rip through the fondant so I left it up to the mom to stick them in when she arrived safely home. 



I loved the red stars around the bottom of the cake but am thinking a few more around the top of the white tier might have added a little more. I second guess how much is too much and then usually realize it should have been more!  Oh well, Sweet Knees said she loved the cake so that makes me happy! And that is what it is all about!



3 comments:

Hey Melissa Mae said...

That looks great, Aubs!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love it! I may have to copy this for one of my kids--they are both obsessed with Pokemon. I am so jealous of your ability to sculpt (model?) characters. I live in fear of the day someone asks for a character cake! Well done.

Jennifer Peterson said...

Another fantastic cake!!