:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Classic Rock


I do so love a challenge!  Sweet Knees probably would be quick to disagree since he is usually the one in the kitchen calming me down when I stress, but this cake was surprisingly stress-free. My sister’s neighbor plays in a jazz band with her boyfriend and wanted to surprise him at their show tonight with a guitar birthday cake – his instrument. Sweet Knees and I knocked this bad boy out in 4 hours! That includes making all the fondant from scratch. And if you have never made fondant from scratch, just believe me when I say it takes time. I was so, so happy with how this cake turned out.





No comments: