:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Long Over Due

Dear goodness, it's been awhile since I updated this blog. I guess hard pregnancies and new babies will do that! I have gone back and checked things out and noticed I left out a few cakes for the 2012 year. So since I am a tired mama I am just going to do a compilation of 2012. Sorry folks....er one reader....aka my Mom!

April 2012 - Hangin' with my Gnomies


This little cutie was made for my supervisor at work. ( gosh how I miss her ) She is like the ultimate in gardening. I mean UL-TI-MATE. She and her sweet husband also like to hunt for mushrooms in Oregon, um, can you say cool!  So I made her some nice mushrooms cupcakes and a little gnomies. I made the gnomes from some wooden peg people and felt from the craft store. Super cute! Little did I know I had made her a variety of 'shrooms that is extremely poisonous. Oops.


July 2012 - On a Hot, Hot Day in July



Some good friends and I got our little families together for a picnic at the park for this 4th of July in 2012. Since our husbands were all working it was a nice way to get the girls together. I made this cake up super quick and the nice hot weather started the frosting melting away....it was still good!


August 2012 - Fie-stash




Those little stashes took forever to make. I did them all free hand - WEW!  But they looked great! I really liked this cake. I don't do a lot of simple sheet cakes, so it was nice to work on my frosting abilities, which are terrible for sure. But I was really happy with this one. I remember being especially pleased with my peppers, I don't know why. Oh well.


October 2012 - Royal Blue (First Wedding Cake)





This was my first wedding cake. Um can you say scaaaaary! For a my manager's daughter. I also made it all out of foam cakes. Never worked with those before. They were great! So light and sturdy. The bride was happy so I was happy!


...Well that's about it for 2012, I did a lot more cakes than I remember. Good year for cakes!

No comments: