:: WELCOME ::

i felt compelled to create this blog with the thought of all those who have helped me as i continue my journey of cake decorating. if not for those creative minds who were brave enough to put themselves out there i would not have learned so many wonderful things or been as inspired as i am. i am just starting on my path to greatness! (ha ha!) i hope to document my progress through this blog. give out tips i have learned. make more connections with the decorating world. and perhaps someday give someone a little inspiration myself. so welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

:: love ::


:: 10 Years ::

Sweet Knees and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary. In March he bought me a brand new green dress and took me dancing! It was amazing! I bought him a watch he had been admiring for a few months and made his favorite cake dark chocolate cake with fresh strawberries in the middle. I tried a new frosting out and we did not really care for it, but the cake was fantastic.

The frosting recipe was interesting because you started it out by making a roux-pudding of sorts. You then push it through a sieve and add the other ingredients. It came out very creamy and rich. While I made it a littler differently, it closely resembled the swiss meringue I made for Little Love’s Tink cake. While it tastes good, it was not a favorite as a frosting.

This cake was simple looking but I think pretty! And surprise I was happy with my writing! I was shocked too!!!

No comments: